Dependable Dogs®, based in Ann Arbor, specializes in training, education, coaching, and support services for individuals and families who share their homes with dogs. We see clients in southeast Michigan. We offer in home private dog training and behavior solutions, small group and community education sessions.
Our holistic approach to training led directly to our business tagline: “Training for success at both ends of the leash®”
- Family training solutions are our specialty:
- We are the Ann Arbor area’s only licensed educators for Family Paws Parent Education. Our Dogs & Storks® and Dog & Toddlers™ programs help families with dogs prepare for life with baby, toddlers and young children. We work with expecting parents, new parents, grandparents, and others who share their homes with dogs to keep kids and dogs safe together.
Children grow and dogs age – understanding child development (ages and stages) in addition to dog behavior and development is critical.
We’re parents, too: we understand the transitions and challenges in parenting a pet and parenting with a pet.
We also work with many others in the community (businesses like Babies R Us, the Safe Kids coalitions, health care providers, child care providers, doulas and others) to support families and keep kids and dog safe in homes together
- We have a commitment to excellence when it comes to training with you. As Family Paws Educators, we work to make everyone in your family more “Dog-Aware™” – – if we can better read our dog’s behavior, we are better able to understand them and train them.Our goal is to help you enhance your relationship with your dog to live more happily and safely together.
- Training methods are easy to follow, implement and then measure your success. Our family-focused approach encourages all family members to participate, including children. Sessions combine demonstration, hands-on practice, and ongoing education about dog body language, training, and behavior modification strategies.
- Our other specialty area is puppy training in order to get everyone off to the best start: our veterinarian recommended early puppy training – Puppy Prep and Puppy Primer – programs offer high quality puppy training along with support and education for puppy owners.
Research has shown that giving animals clear direction about what is desirable is far more effective than punishing them for making mistakes. We train with humane methods and use reward-based training techniques that are consistent with those recommended by the American Veterinary Society for Animal Behavior, the ASPCA, and other leading organizations.
Phone and online support is available throughout the course of all of our training programs
We’re here to help you succeed!
We also work with clients in different geographic locations (out of state) by scheduling private sessions or by working remotely, via Skype and other methods.
Please contact us for scheduling and fee information.